2010

2010
Butler Cabin, Augusta National (c) Burgh Golfer

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanks Golfing Day

As we all recover from too much TPF (Turkey, Pie and Football) and as the 2010 golf season winds down, let’s reflect on the year and what we are thankful for. Around the Thanksgiving table we usually hear the following phrases as thanks. I’ve decided to have a little fun with those commonly used phrases and translate the meaning for us golfers.

• I am thankful for my health -translation; I am thankful to be healthy enough to play the game.

• I am thankful for the turkey -translation; I am thankful for the occasional birdie.

• I am thankful for friends and family -translation; I am thankful for my regular foursome.

• I am thankful for peace in our land -translation; I am thankful that my wife and I don’t fight about my obsession with golf.

• I am thankful for the clothes on my back -translation; I am thankful Knickers went out of style.

• I am thankful for food and shelter -translation; I am thankful for the 19th hole.

• I am thankful to have a job -translation; I am thankful that I don’t need to make three-footers for a paycheck.

• I am thankful for peace of mind -translation; I am thankful that the game has not driven me crazy.

• I am thankful for my teachers -translation; I am thankful for Golf Professionals who fix all the quirks in my swing.

What are you thankful for this year in golf?

1 comment: